Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Girl Crush.


I have a massive crush on Hayley Williams.


I started falling for Paramore's frontwoman when I first laid hands upon the group's 2007 disc, Riot! Her strong, persuasive singing won me over, but it was her in-your-face, fuck-you attitude that tore me to shreds. As if her pipes of steel (as well as her knack for writing awesomely angry yet hypercatchy tunes) wasn't enough, she's totes adorbs. That gap between her two front teeth? Makes my knees go weak. I had the pleasure of seeing Paramore live not once, but twice, and she's a firecracker. When she throws back her head, red flames lick the sky. While I was flipping through this month's issue of Rolling Stone, suppressing myself from gagging over the skankalicious photos Megan Fox, I stumbled upon an interview with Haylz. She covers a vast range of topics: from her band's tour with No Doubt to what it's like sharing a bus with smelly boys. She also spilled some deets about the new Paramore album, which comes out super soon. I'm psyched. And what's more, fellow fans/stalkers of Ms. Williams, she just released a solo song! "Teenagers", which she wrote for the soundtrack of the movie Jennifer's Body, has a rockin' stripped down, folksy vibe that's quite different than your typical Paramore fare. But it's deliciously angsty nonetheless and within seconds of listening to it, I had a big goofy grin plastered on my face. God I love her.

Check it out: 

No comments:

Post a Comment