Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Burn The Earth! Leave It Behind!

Pat the Bunny was a transient: a freight train hoppin', pill poppin' anarcho-punk. He was as pissed off as he was intelligent, which is to say very. Pat left his hometown of Brattleboro, Vermont as a teenager to live the life of a vagabond and share his acoustic punk rock songs with anyone who gave a shit. Pat, née Patrick Schneeweis, performed as both Johnny Hobo & the Freight Trains and Wingnut Dishwashers Union. While he has all but disappeared since entering year-long treatment for addiction, his music found its way into my life rather recently.

Burn the Earth! Leave It Behind is an album that will slowly scratch itself into your psyche, and your soul. His songs are both clairvoyant and caliginous: he expresses and articulates his anger at unjust social norms, while remaining cryptic about his own personal life. After my first listen, I felt as if I knew Pat the Anarchist. But it wasn't until my upteenth listen that I began to understand Pat the Human. An anxious, sensitive, whip-smart fuck up.

Pat's music makes me question myself, my beliefs and values. But it's also really fun and catchy as fuck. The anarchistic rantings of a homeless man never sounded so good.

Download Burn the Earth! Leave It Behind

3 comments:

  1. Just to let you know, Pat never hopped a train or did alternative forms of travel. He just sang about it like he did. Which is not to say his music is not amazing, he's simply not singing about HIMSELF. Perhaps being imaginitive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was talking to a train hopper outside of philly yesterday who informed me about the same thing, I was kind of shocked, but pat never really sings about hopping trains. It comes up a few times, but its more like "...we should have hopped that train, and never looked back."

      Delete
  2. The link won't download anymore :/ would you mind emailing me the music files? I refuse to buy it but can't find it anywhere online that's working. My email is jennyp14@37.com I'd really appreciate it thanks dude!

    ReplyDelete